Dry scraping was traditionally used by Native Americans on the northern plains to scrape their hides. The razor sharp tool allows you to thin your hides which can be advantageous on big thick ones. Dry scraping is also particularly nice to demonstrate at events. Get the kit with or without the video. Kit includes:
- Blue Mountain Buckskin, by Jim Riggs. A thorough, expert tanning book.
- The Ancient Art of Tanning Buckskin, video. Easily the best video on the dryscrape method of braintanning.
- Flesher. 15″ of quality steel for all of the scraping steps.
- Dry Scraper. Designed by the very skilled tanner and toolsmith Darry Wood. They are without a doubt the best we’ve ever laid our hands on.
- Softening Cable. The most useful softening tool.
Price with video: $165.00